In 1968, and MacDonald & Owen Veneer & Lumber Co., Inc was founded by Archie MacDonald, with the intention of being different than other lumber companies he would be competing with. High-quality and unbelievable service were foundational concepts that Archie built his company upon and these are ideals that still drive MacDonald & Owen today. “Profits will come if you just do it right” is a quote that still rings in the hearts of MacDonald & Owen’s employees and continues to dictate all business transactions with the company’s customers and vendors alike.
In 2001, after over 30 years as president of MacDonald & Owen Veneer & Lumber Co., Inc., Archie MacDonald passed full ownership of the company to its current owner, David Twite. David has been president & owner of MacDonald & Owen Lumber Company for 15 years and, in that time, the company has seen much change and growth. Due to this continued growth, MacDonald & Owen Lumber Company located in Brookville Pennsylvania is currently seeking applications for an Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join their company!
The major duties of the position are as follows:
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems
- Be able to test machinery and electrical components including transformers, motors, motor starters, etc.
- Perform new installation of wiring, conduit, components, and equipment.
- Be able to diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and routinely inspect electrical systems such as machinery, equipment, wiring, conduit, and fixtures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Complete a daily task log on work performed through the day.
- Obtain estimates of supplies, repair parts, and order parts as needed
The ideal candidate must have an electrical education or previous electrical experience, be hard working, reliable, and self-motivated. This position offers an extensive benefit package including 401K, life insurance, and paid time off. Pay will be based upon experience and we are offering a $500 SIGN ON BONUS after 90 days of continuous employment.
To be considered please select “Apply Online” to submit your application or email your resume to Terry Hockinson at [email protected] EOE