Merakey is currently seeking a Direct Support Professional to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Dubois, PA and surrounding areas.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations. The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one individual at a time.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- Fee-For-Service model (Per Diem or PRN) including mileage reimbursement for travel
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Balance
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Rate of pay: $14.00
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Assure health and safety of individual you are providing services to.
- Guide the individual to achieve a desired outcome listed in the ISP
- Respectfully listen to and communicate with individuals, families, coworkers, management, and community members
- Facilitate opportunities for community access, participation, and membership for each individual, including safe transportation
- Protect the individual's dignity in the home and community.
- Providing individualized care, activities of daily living, including proper maintenance of living area, and guiding residents in leisure activities, work, and day programming.
- Work is performed in accordance with appropriate procedures according to the individuals Person Centered Plan / Individual Support Plan (ISP) and also the direction of the Program Specialist who reviews daily documentation notes, provides input and guidance, and facilitates in person meetings on a quarterly basis.
- DSP's schedule will be based off the needs of the individual as outlined in their ISP.