The general purpose of the Billing Office Manager is to be responsible for administrative and supervisory work requiring the knowledge of financial, census, and billing practices. Provides guidance and leadership to promote appropriate decisions related to billing, accounts receivable, follow up, admissions, and training within the department. The work is performed with independence and general supervision and support from Administration. Direction and supervision is exercised over all activities of the Business Office. The Office Leader is responsible for assuring that office functions are carried out promptly, efficiently and in accordance with established procedures. Responsible to coordinate efforts with facility accountant, as well as other team members to ensure compliance with applicable OIG, GAAP, and oversight standards.
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct, monitor, and provide support to functions of the team including billing, census, admissions, and accounts receivable needs.
- Organize, direct and supervise Business Office team members.
- Be responsible for training and cross training of team members.
- Complete or designate for completion required management reports monthly.
- Complete/delegate/monitor Medicare, Medicaid, and Insurance Billings.
- Designate for completion and assist in reconciliation of resident accounts.
- Designate/Monitor and reconcile Resident Trust Account.
- Designate/Assist with interactions with residents and family members/designated responsible individuals.
- Designate/Provide assistance with the admission process.
- Establish goals and evaluate employee job performance.
- Completes Medical Assistance applications with families as needed.
- Complete collection calls timely. Reviewing accounts receivable reports frequently.
- Have ability to manage priorities, team needs, and assist in coordination of interdepartmental functions.
- Complete general accounting duties.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budget.
- Communicate with other departments, agencies and insurance companies.
- Coordinate Business Office functions with other departments.
- Maintains a safe work environment and exhibit safe work practices in accordance with Facility policies and procedures for the department.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as adheres to, upholds, and enforces all facility policies and procedures.
- Attends all department meetings and/or educational programs as scheduled.
- Performs additional functions or duties, as assigned.
Great Benefits offered to Full-Time Employees:
- Health Insurance with low deductible at a low cost
- Free Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403b retirement
- Earn Vacation, Sick, and Personal time
DuBois Continuum of Care Community, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.